What is excess?

An excess is the first amount payable by a vehicle owner in the event of a loss and is the uninsured portion of that loss. It can happen that there are additional excesses depending on the facts of each specific claim.

Can I be covered for additional, voluntary or penalty excesses with an ExcessSure policy?

No, the policy only covers the standard basic excesses in respect of accidents and theft/hi-jacking claims.

How do I know when it is time to change my tyres?

When the tread of a tyre is less than 1mm across the running area of an entire tyre, the vehicle is unroadworthy. It can then happen that this vehicle is involved in an accident, the claim may be repudiated by the underlying insurance policy.

Why is more expensive to insure tyres for commercial vehicle than for a domestic vehicle?

The cost of replacing a commercial tyre is higher than a domestic vehicle. In addition, commercial vehicles tend to be on the road more regularly.

If I claim from my TyreSure Policy, will I be penalised if my tyres are old?

Betterment is a term used to describe the value of the amount by which a client is better off. This is the amount that will be decided from the total settlement of a claim in accordance with a set table of indemnity.

Who is the Ombudsman?

The person who will investigate if an insured was treated unfairly and within the terms of the insurance contract.
Contact information:
The Ombudsman,
PO Box 32334,
Tel 011 726 8900,